Explore the Science of
Science and technology are, without a doubt, two forces that will change
the way you live your life in the coming months, years, and decades.
Nanotechnology, quantum computing, genetic engineering; these and
other fascinating fields will revolutionize how you eat, communicate,
travel—even how long you live.
Explore what your future may look like with Understanding the
Science for Tomorrow: Myth and Reality. This scientifically accurate
and enlightening survey of today’s most advanced research in fields such
as engineering, biology, chemistry, and theoretical physics is delivered
by Professor Jeffrey C. Grossman of the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology. His 24 lectures offer you an accessible look at biofuels,
nuclear fusion, nanorobots, artificial intelligence, and other fascinating
O;er expires 06/06/12
Science for Tomorrow:
Myth and Reality
Taught by Professor Je;rey C. Grossman
;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;; ;; ;;;;;;;;;;
1. Changing the Game
2. Magnetism—The Science of Attractions
3. Transportation—The Science of How We Move
4. Computers—Trillions of Bits per Second
5. Artificial Intelligence—Thinking Machines
6. Robotics—Living with Machines
7. Microscopes—The Power of Seeing It All
The New Science of Small
9. Nanotechnology—Changing Everything
10. Genetic Engineering—
Life’s Building Blocks
11. Synthetic Life—Making Life from Scratch
12. The Brain—Your Body’s Supercomputer
13. Cancer and Aging—
Can They Be Defeated?
14. Powerful Viruses—Future Friend or Foe?
15. Food or Famine—Science Holds the Key
16. Water—The Currency of the Next Century
17. Biofuels—The Fuel of the Future?
18. Solar Cells—Electricity from the Sun
19. Batteries—Storing Energy Chemically
20. The Hydrogen Economy—Fact or Fiction?
21. Nuclear Energy—Harnessing Star Power
22. Prediction—From Storms to Stocks
Transcending Time and Space
24. Science in the Future
Understanding the Science for Tomorrow:
Myth and Reality
Course no. 1391 | 24 lectures (30 minutes/lecture)
DVD $254.95;NOW $69.95
+$10 Shipping, Processing, and Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee
Priority Code: 65452
Designed to meet the demand for lifelong learning,
The Great Courses is a highly popular series of
audio and video lectures led by top professors
and experts. Each of our more than 350 courses
is an intellectually engaging experience that will
change how you think about the world. Since
1990, over 10 million courses have been sold.